I’m James Kerti.
As a multipotentialite, I’ve done a bunch of different things.
Let me tell you about them.
I believe that nobody should feel like they have to choose between doing their life’s work and growing their business.
So I work as a digital strategist helping online business owners build systems to get out of overwhelm and grow their businesses with ease.
Because I previously worked as WordPress developer and consultant, specializing in building premium online subscription platforms, I have the technical chops to implement systems online, too.
One of the coolest things I’ve done is working in basketball as a scout and strategic planning consultant.
Most of my basketball projects in recent years consisted of NBA-related consulting work, which include activities and projects such as:
- Live and video scouting of draft prospects for NBA teams
- Strategic advice and recommendations regarding personnel decisions and organizational future
- Film review and analysis for advance scouting and other internal purposes
- Research and strategic recommendations related to optimal strategy in the NBA Draft and free agency, player contract option decisions, market analysis, and more
In 2013, I created a basketball scouting website called HoopsThink.com to help aspiring scouts learn how to get started as a basketball scout.
I wrote extensively about scouting, discussing both theory and action steps, while publishing a basketball scouting guide called The Basketball Scout’s Cheat Sheet: The 4 Pillars of Effective Scouting.
I officially stepped away from basketball in 2019 to focus on other things.
You can read all my archived basketball scouting content here on this website now in the blog section.
I serve on City Council in the City of Yachats, Oregon.
Elected to office in November 2018, I began my term of service in January 2019.
Government is responsible for safeguarding the long-term interests of everyone in the community and nurturing an environment of inclusiveness in which people’s needs are met.
It means, first and foremost, a great deal of listening, especially to those people whose voices might otherwise go unheard.
Key priorities include:
- Protection of natural resources, especially water
- Acting proactively and strategically to promote tourism while staying true to community values and needs
- Promoting accessibility and inclusiveness for marginalized members of the community
So far during 2019, the Yachats City Council has:
- Completed important revisions to the City Charter, which passed overwhelmingly by citizen vote in May.
- Guided significant public streets projects, including the transfer of Oceanview Drive from Lincoln County.
- Developed (in-progress) vacation rental ordinance, taking into consideration a wide variety of perspectives and interests.
Nothing on this website should be interpreted as the view of the City of Yachats or the City Council. I speak only for myself.
For more info on what I’m up to at the moment, check out my now page.